Monday, January 4, 2010

The Fair-Weather Workout-er

You know who you are. Before Jan 1st you didn't even know how to GET to the gym. You are worse than those people that only go to church on Christmas Eve and Easter. You are taking my parking spot. You are taking my treadmill. You are irritating me. You are wearing your new expensive work out gear you bought with your Christmas money to fulfill your new years resolution which you'll forget you even made in 3 weeks. You wander aimlessly around the gym believing you are burning calories by just being there. You have on those little "work out gloves" which I'm still not entirely sure I know what they do. You show up 20 min late to class and leave early, EVEN though you have printed out the gym class schedule and laminated it. Gyms should take a hint from airlines and start offering "Frequent Sweating" points to those who actually attend the gym on a regular basis so that we get priority for...well, everything. God knows I need some reward for going to the gym on a regular basis cause I'm certainly not losing weight because of it.... But I do not fear you Fair-Weather Workout-er.... I know you will fall off the wagon and your new work out clothes will go into a drawer never to be seen again...until next Jan.....

No comments:

Post a Comment